“Perfect for using up leftover veggies and to add extra nutrients, this pasta dish is the kind that’s easy to make and almost impossible to get wrong. Just roast whatever veg are hanging around in your fridge, combine with sun-dried tomato and some chopped tomato, add to pasta and it’s good to go.”
That’s how wholefoodwarrior describes her latest recipe.And what should we say, it looks absolutely delicious!
Here’s what you need to serve 4:
1/2 aubergine, cut in chunks
2 small or one large red onions, cut into wedges
3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
1 courgette, cut into chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
2 small or one large carrot, sliced
1 jar of Organico Sundried Tomatoes, drained
1/2 tin of chopped tomato
sea salt and black pepper to season
rapeseed oil to roast
70g of Organico Perfect Fusilli per person
feta cheese & parsley to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Pop the aubergine, courgette, pepper, onion and garlic on a roasting tray, drizzle with rapeseed oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the veg is cooked.
3. In the meantime, cook the pasta.
4. Remove the garlic from the roasting tray and peel the cloves.Add to a blender alongside the other roasted vegetables, 1/2 tin of chopped tomato and the drained sun-dried tomatoes.Season with a big pinch of sea salt and plenty of black pepper and blend until completely smooth.Return the sauce to a pan to warm through.
5. Combine the sauce and pasta, divide between plates and serve topped with feta and fresh parsley.